Townsville Catholic Education (TCE) supports 29 schools within the Diocese, located throughout a diverse region including urban and rural environments extending to Mount Isa to the west, Proserpine to the south and north to Ingham. TCE provides a diverse range of education choices including primary, secondary and Prep-to-Year 12. Each setting provides a high educational standard in a caring and a stimulating environment. The Diocese has a growing Indigenous education program and some of our schools offer both boarding and day-student facilities.
TCE employs in excess of 2,500 teaching, professional and ancillary/support employees to fulfil our mission of providing quality educational services through our Catholic school communities. A Catholic education involves much more than simply teaching the educational basics. It encourages students to embrace Catholic values and faith while providing them with an excellent education and diverse life experiences that will prepare them to be a contributing member of the community in their adult lives.
The proud reputation Catholic schools enjoy within the Diocese today is based on the strong tradition built by religious orders who found Catholic Education in the Townsville Diocese in 1872.
OUR SYSTEM VISION
“The promotion of the human person is the goal of the Catholic school”
Additional information can be viewed by visiting the TCE website located at https://www.tsv.catholic.edu.au . Information available includes the TCE Strategic Direction for 2017 to 2021.
Position Title: Director School Development Services
Reports to: Executive Director
About the Role
The Director School Development Services will lead the development and delivery of strategy, policy and operations for the delivery of outstanding school improvement, excellence in school leadership and coordination of operational support. This is to ensure schools and colleges in TCE have access to the resources and specialist services to achieve quality outcomes for students and the ongoing development of Catholic Education.
The purpose of the position is to provide executive leadership to a diverse range of education and non-educational professionals:
- As a member of the Strategic Leadership Team, provide expert and strategic input and leadership, particularly with regard to school improvement and development; and the delivery of outstanding integrated support services to schools.
- Deliver growth to enrolment in schools and sustainability of Catholic education throughout the Diocese.
- Lead a team to support principals and school leadership to ensure schools and colleges in TCE have the leadership, resources and specialist student services available to achieve quality outcomes for students.
- Lead and oversee Capital strategy, planning, and building program for all TCE schools in the diocese.
- Inform long term and operational staffing requirements based on the school capital works and development programs.
- Supervision and equitable resourcing of high quality Catholic systemic schools.
At a later stage in this process we will provide a detailed Position Description as well as a document on School Improvement as it relates to the Diocese of Townsville.
The Director School Development Services is accountable to the Executive Director. The Director School Development Services consults and liaises with other TCEO personnel, Principals in schools, and other Diocesan staff/committees, where appropriate.
The Director School Development Services has 5 direct reports and is responsible for a team of 36 people. An organisation chart will be provided later in the process.
While the start date is negotiable, it is anticipated the successful applicant will be able to commence in this role for the start of the 2021 school year.
Location and Travel
The role is based in the Townsville Catholic Education Office, 2 Gardenia Avenue, Kirwan (a suburb of Townsville) Queensland. It is expected the person will travel from time to time within and outside the Catholic Diocese of Townsville.
Conditions of Employment
- The remuneration package reflects the seniority of the appointment and will be discussed as we step through the process.
- The initial contract period is for five (5) years subject to satisfactory performance, with further contract periods subject to an appraisal according to policy.
- Reasonable relocation assistance (if required) will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
- The Working with Children (Risk Management & Screening) Act 2000 requires the preferred applicant to be subject to “working with children check” as part of the employment screening process. Further details regarding this check may be obtained at https://www.bluecard.qld.gov.au
- Applicants will require a current “C” Class Driver’s Licence.
The Executive Director invites expressions of interest from people who align with the following expectations:
- A genuine, deeply embedded Catholic faith and an active member of a Catholic Eucharistic Community.
- A career in Catholic education with senior leadership experience, ideally having worked at a System level. This experience will be demonstrated by:
- A track record of building the capacity for school improvement in schools;
- A deep knowledge of contemporary practices regarding school improvement and school leadership; including how this translates into capital investment for learning spaces;
- Business acumen with an understanding of governance, use of data and risk management to ensure long-term growth and school development within TCE.
- The interpersonal and relational skills to work collaboratively as part of an executive team with matrix responsibilities to achieve shared outcomes.
- A commitment to ongoing personal and professional learning, particularly shown through post-graduate studies and professional development experiences.
Are You Interested in This Opportunity?
If you are interested in this role, simply complete the ‘Express Your Interest’ panel on this page; or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref number TS1442. Whichever you choose, please provide a brief resume and contact telephone number (mobile preferred).
If you are NOT interested in this role but would like to be advised of future leadership positions, click here to register for our job alerts.
Questions can be directed to either (a) Director John Chesher (0417 068 220) or (b) email to email@example.com.
The timeline and details for this project are outlined below. All emails and applications are acknowledged within 48 hours.
The Selection Process
Key dates as follows:
|Date of project launch/advertising||By Friday 16th Oct.|
|Latest anticipated date for applications||Mon 2nd Nov.|
|Review meeting & short listing||Week commencing Mon 9th Nov.|
|Anticipated date for client interviews||Week of Monday 23rd Nov.|
|Final references; academic documents obtained||Following client interviews|
|Follow up meeting/discussion||Likely within 7 days of client interviews|
Trak Search has been instructed to provide a process that is welcoming for people interested in this role. Significant aspects include:
- Throughout the process, Trak Search is available for your confidential enquiries. They will also provide a range of additional information to allow you to explore how this opportunity aligns with your expectations and interests.
- Closing is 5.00pm on the date shown above. However, a late application could be accepted, providing it does not adversely impact other applications or the employers schedule.
- We expect to contact one work-related referee and a Catholic Priest referee prior to shortlisting, with additional references completed later in the process.
- All information provided to Trak Search will be made available prior to shortlisting, in confidence, to Executive Director or her or nominee unless you instruct Trak Search otherwise.
- If you would like a more comprehensive understanding of the Trak Search process, click here to access the ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
You are also encouraged to view our Collection Statement which provides details on the manner in which we collect and use information obtained from you during your engagement with Trak Search.