In area, the Catholic Diocese of Wilcannia-Forbes covers more than half of NSW. It is the Far West region of the state and is led by Bishop Columba Macbeth-Green.
Catholic education in the Diocese is comprised of 18 primary schools, Kindergarten to YR 6. The Director of Catholic Education is employed by, and responsible to, the Bishop of Wilcannia-Forbes for the administration of the Catholic Education in the Diocese.
Living in Forbes
Forbes is a town in the Central West region of NSW. At the last census Forbes had a population of over 9,300. It is located on the Lachlan River in the heart of the Lachlan Valley. It is an historic town with magnificent heritage buildings, rich history and gold rush past, a stunning natural environment and unique local attractions.
Additional information can be viewed by visiting the Catholic Education Wilcannia-Forbes website located at https://www.wf.catholic.edu.au. This will also allow you to view their 2021 – 2023 Strategic Plan.
We acknowledge the First Nations peoples of Australia, the traditional custodians of the land, seas, skies and waterways on which we reside, work, travel and meet. We pay our respect to First Nations elders past, present, and emerging, and support the Uluru Statement From The Heart.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people should be aware that this website may contain images, voices or names of deceased persons in photographs, video or audio recordings.
Position Title: Head of People and Culture
Reports to: Director of Catholic Education
The Head of People and Culture is responsible for providing strategic leadership relating to People & Culture functions and is accountable for driving and executing the Catholic Education Wilcannia-Forbes (CEWF) people and culture strategy.
Working as part of the Senior Leadership Team this position supports the Director of Catholic Education to provide authentic leadership and management to the system of schools. Further, this role has overall accountability and responsibility for leading and managing the People & Culture team in the delivery of quality human resources and organisational development processes and services. This requires oversight, leadership and management of:
- Employee Relations
- Learning & Development, including teacher accreditation
- Work Health & Safety
- Child Protection
- Positive Culture
At a later stage in this project you will be provided a full position description; and the success criteria for the first 12 months in the role.
Within Wilcannia-Forbes: Bishop, Vicar of Education, Director of Catholic Education, Senior Leadership Team, People and Culture Team, school & CEO staff, teachers, Principals, school executive members, parish priests.
External: NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA), Federal and State Governments, Catholic Schools NSW (CSNSW), Professional Organisations
The commencement date is negotiable but ideally this will be no later than January 2023.
Location and Travel
This role is based in the Catholic Education office located at 15 Johnson Street, Forbes, NSW. The nature of the role will require travel to schools throughout the Diocese.
Conditions of Employment
- The remuneration is comprised of salary of $191,826 plus superannuation.
- A vehicle is provided for work purposes.
- Rental subsidy is available for a person new to the Diocese.
- Applicants will require a current Drivers Licence to fulfil the requirements of the role.
- Prior to appointment the successful applicant will possess a current, approved Working With Children Check and complete a successful National Criminal History Check.
We invite expressions of interest from people who align with the following:
- A sound knowledge of, and respect for, the Catholic faith and a commitment to uphold Catholic values.
- Minimum six years of experience working as an HR practitioner, having managed complex issues. Ideally this experience will include:
- ER/IR case management.
- Interpretation of awards, legislative requirements, and regulations.
- Change management.
- Developing and facilitating professional learning.
- High standards of service delivery with experience in implementing policies and procedures and other areas of governance.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to influence at all levels.
- Degree and/or post graduate qualifications in HR or related areas, combined with ongoing relevant professional learning.
This role will suit an HR practitioner seeking professional growth and the opportunity to significantly develop their career.
Are You Interested?
If you are interested in this role, please use the ‘Express Your Interest’ panel on this webpage; or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref number TS1496. All we require at the outset is a resume, email address and mobile telephone number. No other documentation is required from you to express your interest. All emails and resumes are acknowledged within 48 hours. Please contact us again if this does not occur.
Questions can be directed to John Chesher (0417 068 220) or by email to email@example.com
If you are NOT interested in this role but would like to be advised of future leadership positions, click here to register for our weekly email alerts.
The Selection Process
The timeline for this project is as follows:
|Date of project launch/advertising||By Friday 28th Oct.|
|Latest date for applications||Friday 11th Nov.|
|CEWF selection committee short listing||During week commencing Mon 14th Nov.|
|Anticipated date for CEWF interviews||Week of Monday 21st Nov.|
|Follow up meeting/discussion||Likely within 7 days of client interviews|
We have been instructed to provide a process that is transparent and welcoming.
- We are available for your confidential enquiries. We will also provide additional information to allow you to explore how the role aligns with your expectations and interests.
- Closing is 5.00pm on the date shown above. However, a late application could be accepted, providing it does not adversely impact other applications or the CEWF schedule.
- We expect to complete a work-related reference prior to shortlisting. We anticipate speaking with another work-related referee between shortlisting and interviews. Final references are completed after CEWF interviews. No referee will be contacted without your express consent.
- The selection committee will provide an option of a video interview in circumstances where a person is unable to attend for a face-to-face meeting.
- Please be aware our standard practice utilises the services of an external specialist in pre-employment screening. This service includes employment history verification; National Police Check; and academic qualifications and professional memberships verification.
- All information provided to Trak Search will be made available, in confidence, to the Director or her nominee, unless you instruct Trak Search otherwise.
- To obtain a more comprehensive understanding of the Trak Search methodology, including our screening process, click here to access the ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
- Only people with the unrestricted right to work in Australia may apply for this role.
Trak Search strongly supports the principles of equal employment opportunities in the workplace. We support our clients in recruiting a diverse range of people and a diverse range of talents.
Trak Search is committed to working with client organisations in the safeguarding of children and young people. Applicants should be aware that in addition to the Working with Children and National Police History Checks required by our client, Trak Search screening processes, interview questions and reference checking will also reflect this commitment.
You are also encouraged to view our Collection Statement which provides details on the manner in which we collect and use information obtained from you during your engagement with Trak Search.