- Newly created role
- Part-time, 3 days per week
- Location Mascot NSW
The National Committee for Professional Standards is a joint committee of Catholic Religious Australia and the Australian Catholic Bishops. The committee was established to oversee the development of policies, principles and procedures in responding to Church-related abuse complaints.
Reporting to the National Protection and Prevention Officer, the focus of this role is on prevention and the protection of vulnerable persons, across Catholic dioceses and religious institutes in Australia, through the development and promotion of policies, procedures and guidelines. Key activities will include developing and delivering training programs as well as research and development of policies and prevention strategies/frameworks.
We anticipate that people interested in this role will be able to demonstrate:
- A personal commitment to the culture and traditions of the Catholic Church.
- Experience in working in a setting where risk management frameworks, protocols and practices for children/young people are required.
- A working knowledge of relevant acts, regulations and best practice guidelines for risk management in this area.
- Experience in training (development and presentation of programs) and research/development of policies and prevention strategies/frameworks.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work within minimum supervision.
- Relevant degree qualifications , for example, in human resources, law, social work, psychology, education or business.
- The willingness to be away from home on a regular basis and at times with short notice.
While applicants can come from any sector, it is anticipated the ideal person will have a career in the social services, education or the community/welfare sectors; which could be in either government or non-government settings.
More detailed information can be accessed by clicking here and is provided to allow you to explore your interest in this role.
Further enquiries are very welcome to:
- John Chesher on 0417 068 220 ; or
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- From this page on our website.
You can express your interest in this role by:
- Clicking here to submit a resume ; or
- By emailing to email@example.com quoting reference number TS1252
You are also encouraged to view our Collection Statement which provides details on the manner in which we collect and use information obtained from you during your engagement with Trak Search.