- Grow to 500 students in Pre-primary to Year 6 with Early Learning Centre, on shared site
- Are you ready for the opportunity of opening a primary school for term 1 2018 in Palmerston NT?
- Can you lead a school community which is excited to be developing an innovative centre of learning?
Mother Teresa Catholic Primary School
Mother Teresa Catholic Primary School is currently under construction in Zuccoli (a suburb of Palmerston) and is due to open in January 2018. Construction is progressing according to the Master Plan developed by the Steering Committee. The school design is contemporary and innovative with flexible learning spaces a feature.
The first enrolled students for 2018 will number approximately 100 comprising the Early Learning Centre and the Transition to Year 2. Initially the staff numbers will be about 10 and the Principal will not have teaching responsibilities. It is anticipated that the school will have an enrolment of 500 in Pre-primary to Year 6 by 2025.
It is planned that a government school will also be built on the adjoining site, with the two schools collaborating on the use of a multi-purpose hall and oval.
Palmerston, Northern Territory
In 1980, the Northern Territory Government established the Palmerston Development Authority to finance, plan, develop and manage a new town 19 kilometres (and a 20-minute drive) from Darwin. Palmerston is a vibrant, young and fast-growing city with a population of approx. 35,000 with ABS predicting a population of 42,000 by 2021.
The City of Palmerston has 10 primary schools. Mother Teresa Catholic Primary School is opening in the suburb of Zuccoli in direct response to the increased demand for high quality Catholic education in the Palmerston area.
To learn more about Catholic Education in the Northern Territory please visit the website: http://www.ceont.catholic.edu.au
Additional information on Palmerston can be obtained at http://www.palmerston.nt.gov.au/home
Position Title: Principal
Reports to: Director of Catholic Education, through the Principal Consultant
The Principal of a Catholic school is committed to living and promoting a shared vision and mission for the school that is distinctly Catholic. The Principal models the values that Jesus lived, building capacity in the school through leading teaching and learning; developing self and others; leading improvement, innovation and change; providing sound management of the school; and engaging and working with and within the community.
A detailed position description will be provided later in the process.
Ideally the new Principal could commence for Term 4, however the start date is negotiable. If commencement was not until January 2018 then it is anticipated the person would be available to assist in significant aspects such as the interviewing and recruitment of staff.
Conditions of Employment
- The remuneration package will be discussed with the successful applicant
- The initial contract is 4 years with the possibility of extensions of 4 years and then 2 years after an appraisal in the final year of a contract period.
- Reasonable relocation assistance (if required) will be negotiated
- Applicants must be eligible
- to apply for CEO NT Accreditation B – Teach Religion in a Catholic School.
- to obtain Teacher Registration in the NT
- to obtain an Ochre Card (Working with Children Clearance).
We invite expressions of interest from people who align with the following:
- A Catholic who is an active member of a Catholic Eucharistic Community and can demonstrate commitment to their parish/faith community
- A career in education incorporating at least 10 years teaching across F-6 combined with leadership experience, ideally in Catholic education
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to develop effective relationships, including partnerships with the broader community
- A four-year degree in education and have completed, are working towards or willing to pursue a post-graduate award which includes a significant Catholic studies component (Scripture, Theology, Religious Education) at a Masters level.
Are You Interested in this Opportunity?
If you are interested in this role, then simply complete the ‘Express Your Interest’ panel on this page; or email us at email@example.com stating your interest and nominating ref number TS1364. Whichever you choose, please provide a brief resume and contact telephone number.
At this stage we do NOT ask you to address the selection criteria or provide an application document – just complete the panel on this page or send a one-line email to Trak Search to indicate your interest in ‘TS1364 Mother Teresa Principal’; and providing your brief resume and contact telephone number.
Any questions can be directed to either (a) our Director John Chesher by telephone (0417 068 220) or (b) email our office via firstname.lastname@example.org.
The timeline and details for this project are outlined below. All emails and applications are acknowledged within 48 hours.
The Selection Process
Key Dates are as Follows:
|Date of project launch/advertising||Fri 21st/Sat 22nd Jul|
|Trak Search discussions commence||From Mon 31st Jul|
|Latest anticipated date for applications||Wed 9th Aug|
|Initial reference checks by Trak Search||From week commencing Mon 7th Aug|
|Review meeting & short listing||Week commencing Mon 21st Aug|
|Anticipated date for client interviews||Week of Monday 28th Aug or 4 Sept|
|Final references; academic documents obtained||Following client interviews|
|Follow up meeting/discussion||Likely within 7 days of client interviews|
Trak Search has been instructed to provide a process that is welcoming for people interested in this role. Significant aspects include:
- Throughout the process, Trak Search is available for confidential discussions and to provide information to allow you to explore this opportunity and determine your interest in the role
- A range of additional information will be provided to you as we progress through this process
- At the outset you will not be required to: complete an application form; provide a lengthy document to address the selection criteria; or supply referee details. However, you will be invited to supply us with additional information (verbally and in writing) as you progress through the process
- A late application could be accepted, providing it does not adversely impact other applications or the schedule. Please be aware however that any application received after close of business on the date noted above is more likely to be returned to you
- At the appropriate time (refer above) we will seek written consent to speak with referees – listing referees on your resume does not signify consent
- We expect to contact one work-related referee and a Priest/Religious referee prior to shortlisting, with additional references completed later in the process. You should always expect that prior to reaching the final stage of the project, we will ask to speak with at least one person who has: directly managed you; recently; and for a significant time
- All information provided to Trak Search will be made available prior to shortlisting, in confidence, to the Director or nominee unless you instruct Trak Search otherwise.
You are also encouraged to view our Collection Statement which provides details on the manner in which we collect and use information obtained from you during your engagement with Trak Search.