Under the leadership of the Bishop of Cairns, James Foley, Catholic Education Services in the Diocese of Cairns comprises nineteen primary schools, one Prep to Year 12 college, and six secondary colleges.
Cooktown-Cairns will be a Special Assistance School opening in 2015 and a part of the Catholic Church’s mission to foster cultures of inclusion that respond to the educational needs of students regardless of their abilities, backgrounds and aspirations.
This is a unique role and an exciting challenge with complexities of the position being:
- This will be a two-campus school with the Cairns campus supporting up to 80 students and is scheduled to open term 1 2015; the Cooktown campus supporting up to 50 students and scheduled to open term 2 2015.
- This is the Foundation Principal for a new school with both campuses starting from ‘ground zero’.
- Some staff will operate over the two sites.
- The school supports young people who have become disengaged from the education system.
- There is a boarding facility for 32 students on the Cooktown campus.
To be successful in this unique role it is anticipated you will be an experienced principal and have:
- A strong commitment to the social justice principles of the Catholic Church and Catholic Education, evidenced by lived example.
- An understanding and rapport with young people drawn from backgrounds of disadvantage and marginalisation especially indigenous youth.
- The ability to lead and manage multi-disciplinary teams to meet the needs of students at risk.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the capacity to respond pastorally to human and interpersonal issues.
- Demonstrated ability in the development of a professional learning community.
- Postgraduate qualifications and ongoing involvement in professional associations and personal development.
People who want to ‘make a difference’ and have a passion for reaching students who have difficulty accessing mainstream education and curriculum are encouraged to consider this leadership role.
More detailed information can be accessed by clicking here and is provided to allow you to explore your interest in this role.
Further enquiries are very welcome to:
- John Chesher on 0417 068 220 ; or
- By email to email@example.com; or
- From this page on our website.
You can express your interest in this role by:
- Clicking here to submit a resume ; or
- By emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number TS1253; or
- People with a LinkedIn profile can click on the LinkedIn icon shown below.
Closing Date: Monday 21st July 2014.
You are also encouraged to view our Collection Statement which provides details on the manner in which we collect and use information obtained from you during your engagement with Trak Search.