- Location: Atherton Tablelands, NTH QLD
- Commencement January 2015
Under the leadership of the Bishop of Cairns, James Foley, Catholic Education Services in the Diocese of Cairns comprises nineteen primary schools, one Prep to Year 12 college, and six secondary colleges.
Mount St Bernard College is located at Herberton, on the Atherton Tablelands. Established in 1921 by the Sisters of Mercy, the College serves local students from the Tablelands district and boarders from rural and remote areas of the Far North and North West of Queensland. Mount St Bernard College also reaches out to students from the remote communities of Cape York, the Gulf of Carpentaria, Torres Strait & Papua New Guinea. With male and female day students and boarding for both girls and boys (150 boarders), the College enrolment reflects a broad spectrum of cultures and experiences.
To be successful in this role it is anticipated you will be an experienced principal and have:
- A strong commitment to the social justice principles of the Catholic Church and Catholic Education, evidenced by lived example;
- An understanding and rapport with young people drawn from backgrounds of disadvantage and marginalisation especially indigenous youth;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the capacity to respond pastorally to human and interpersonal issues;
- Demonstrated ability in the development of a professional learning community;
- Postgraduate qualifications and ongoing involvement in professional associations and personal development.
More detailed information can be accessed by clicking here and is provided to allow you to explore your interest in this role.
Further enquiries are very welcome to:
- John Chesher on 0417 068 220 ; or
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- From this page on our website.
You can express your interest in this role by:
- Clicking here to submit a resume ; or
- By emailing to email@example.com quoting reference number TS1269.
Closing Date: Monday 20th October 2014
You are also encouraged to view our Collection Statement which provides details on the manner in which we collect and use information obtained from you during your engagement with Trak Search.