St Charbel’s College is an independent Maronite Catholic co-educational school which caters for over 1,150 students from Kindergarten to Year 12.
The Lebanese Maronite Order in Australia strives to continue its mission, which is to place itself at the service of the Maronite community, both in terms of the faith education and the academic education of the new generation.
This mission was first realised through the founding of St Charbel’s in 1984, which would sustain, develop, and enhance the Maronite Faith of their future generations, while enriching the lives of their children through their schooling.
The Maronite Order purchased houses in Punchbowl to construct a primary and secondary school. The Primary School was completed at the end of 1983 and opened in 1984; and the Secondary School, comprising Years 7 to 10, was completed in 1991. In 1994, facilities to accommodate Years 11 and 12 were constructed.
Additional information, including the Vision, Mission and the Strategic Improvement Plan 2017 – 2021, can be viewed by visiting the St Charbel’s College website at https://www.stcharbel.nsw.edu.au/
You can view a video of the College by clicking here.
Position Title: Business Manager
Reports to: Principal
The Business Manager supports the College Principal by working collaboratively in the delivery of a broad range of business services to support the College’s educational and religious mission. Primarily, the Business Manager supports the College Principal in leadership, by contributing to the effective business management of the College within the following key areas, and assists the Principal to support the College Council and its committees:
- Financial & Administrative Services
- Property Services
- Information & Communications Technology Services
- Governance, Legal, Risk & Compliance Services
A detailed Position Description will be provided at a later stage of this recruitment project.
This role is a member of the College Executive team reporting to the Principal. Other roles reporting to the Principal:
- Assistant Principal
- Director of RE and Mission K-12
- Director of Staff Services
- Director of Primary K-6
- Director of Curriculum 7-12
- Director of Pastoral Care 7 – 12
The Business Manager has responsibility for the following team:
- Accountant and Finance Team (2)
- Office Manager and Admin Team (4)
- Head of Learning Technologies and ICT Team (2)
- Property Manager and Property Team (4)
- Annual revenue is in the vicinity of $20m.
- Financial year end is 31 st December
- Auditor is Pitcher Partners.
- There are 130 staff (FTE).
- Accounting software is Xero with payroll run in-house using Micropay. The school administration system is on Sentral.
While negotiable, it is anticipated the successful person will be able to commence in this role by early April to allow for a smooth handover and induction.
The College is located at 142 Highclere Avenue, Punchbowl, Sydney.
Conditions of Employment
- Remuneration will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
- Four weeks annual leave; with up to 2 weeks of additional leave able to be negotiated in lieu of salary.
- There is an annual performance appraisal process.
- The initial appointment is for up to 5 years and able to be renewed subject to satisfactory performance.
- Parking can be made available.
- Professional development opportunities are provided.
- Office hours are 8am- 4pm, Monday to Friday. Given the seniority of this role, the expectation is the Business Manager will work the hours required of the position, which includes some out-of-hours meetings.
- Before appointment, an applicant must complete a “Working With Children Check” through the Office of the Children’s Guardian – please visit https://www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/child-safe-organisations/working-with-children-check
We invite expressions of interest from people who align with the following:
- A personal commitment to the teachings and practice of the Catholic Faith, with the capacity and willingness to learn the Maronite ethos and the Lebanese culture;
- A career in finance and accounting with a minimum 5 years as a senior level finance and accounting practitioner, with experience within the Education sector a significant advantage;
- Willingness and capacity to learn and grow into the broader aspects of this diverse role;
- Experience in leading a team;
- A hands-on style, with patience and listening skills, combined with a preparedness to support others, including people from non-financial backgrounds;
- A preference to be involved with people, being accessible and having highly developed interpersonal and communication skills;
- CA or CPA and ongoing professional formation and training.
Are You Interested in this Opportunity?
If you are interested in this role, then simply complete the ‘Express Your Interest’ panel on this page; or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating your interest and nominating ref number TS1420. Whichever you choose, please provide a brief resume and contact telephone number (mobile preferred).
If you are NOT interested in this role but would like to be advised of future leadership positions, click here to register for our weekly job alert.
Any questions can be directed to either (a) our Director John Chesher by telephone (0417 068 220) or (b) email our office via email@example.com. The timeline and details for this project are outlined below. All emails and applications are acknowledged within 48 hours.
The Selection Process
Key dates are as follows:
|Date of project launch/advertising
|Fri 17th Jan
|Latest anticipated date for applications
|Wed 12th Feb.
|Anticipated date for interviews
|Mon 17th Tues 18th or Wed 19th Feb.
|References; academic documents obtained
|Following St Charbel’s interviews
|Follow up meeting/discussion
|Likely within 7 days of St Charbel’s interviews
Significant aspects include:
- At the outset you will not be required to: complete an application form; provide a lengthy, comprehensive document to address the selection criteria; or supply referee details.
- Trak Search will progressively review resumes and either (a) pass them to St Charbel’s when they align closely to the criteria; or (b) advise that the application has not been progressed.
- Whenever an application is passed to the College the applicant will be:
- Notified by Trak Search that their resume has been forwarded to the College;
- Provided additional information (a full Position Description) including remuneration information.
- Invited to provide some additional information as requested by Trak Search.
- From the time at which an application is passed to the College, all future communication will occur directly between the College and the person. Trak Search will not be involved.
- Given the timeline for this project, an application arriving after 5.00pm (AEDT) on Wed. 12th February will not be progressed.
- The College will contact people invited to interview which will occur on one of the three days noted above.
- References will be completed for the preferred person(s) after the interviews are complete.
You are also encouraged to view our Collection Statement which provides details on the manner in which we collect and use information obtained from you during your engagement with Trak Search.