Founded in 1894, Santa Sabina College is an Independent Catholic school in the Dominican tradition. The College provides education for girls and young women from P-12 and is co-educational for P to 4.
The Primary and Secondary campuses, Mary Bailey House Early Education Centre and Out of School Hours Centre (OOSH) are all situated at Strathfield, on the eastern and western sides of The Boulevarde, approximately 500 metres from Strathfield Railway Station. The campuses are conveniently linked across The Boulevarde by a public overbridge. The campuses have a blend of historic and modern buildings which provide an excellent range of learning facilities set in beautiful grounds. The Chapel, sporting, music and creative arts facilities enable many aspects of College life to occur on the premises.
The Tallong campus is situated on 96 hectares of beautiful bushland in the Southern Highlands, close to Moreton National Park. It provides lodge and unit accommodation for up to 150 guests, has a main conference area, workshop space and meeting rooms. High and low ropes courses provide an excellent focus for outdoor activities.
Dominican Education Australia
The Dominican Sisters established Dominican Education Australia (DEA) in January 2015. DEA exercises oversight of the six educational ministries that were previously the responsibility of the founding Congregations. Santa Sabina College is one of these six schools.
Santa Sabina College is owned by the Congregation of Dominican Sisters. It was incorporated in 1987 as a Company Limited by Guarantee, with the Sisters being the Members of the Company.
The College is managed by a Board of Directors, who are appointed by the Members. The Board of Directors has a strong commitment to preserving and fostering the Dominican ethos and values upon which the College was founded, and to promoting the Mission of the College as a Catholic school.
The Principal of the College is the Chief Executive Officer to whom the Board delegates responsibility for the day-to-day management of the College and its enterprises.
A range of additional information can be viewed by visiting the Santa Sabina College website located at https://www.ssc.nsw.edu.au/about-santa-sabina/
We acknowledge the First Nations peoples of Australia, the traditional custodians of the land, seas, skies and waterways on which we reside, work, travel and meet. We pay our respect to First Nations elders past, present, and emerging, and support the Uluru Statement From The Heart.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people should be aware that this website may contain images, voices or names of deceased persons in photographs, video or audio recordings.
Position Title: Director of Business Services
Reports to: Principal
The Director of Business Services is responsible to the Principal for the strategic leadership and management of all finance and business operations across the College.
The role has oversight of the Property and Facilities portfolio including the development and delivery of the College Finance, Business Services, Property and Facilities and the Tallong Outdoor Education Centre. The role also includes oversight of master planning and project management of capital works.
At a later stage in this project you will be provided a full position description; and the success criteria for the first 12 months in the role.
The Director of Business Services is a member of the College Leadership Team and sub-committee of the Board for Finance and Property and Risk Management and the Foundation Board. The role attends Board Meetings as the Company Secretary.
This role leads a team comprising:
Business Office: Accountant, Accounts Payable Officer, Accounts Receivable Officer, Payroll Officer, Records Manager and PA to Director of Business Services.
Property Team: Property Manager, who is responsible for 5-6 staff.
A College organisation chart will be provided at a later stage in this project.
This position is located at 90 The Boulevarde Strathfield.
Other Relevant Information
- The financial year is 1st January to 31st December.
- The annual income is in the range of $35m to $40m.
- External auditor is Pitcher Partners.
- The accounting software is TASS and Payroll is run using TASS.
- As Company Secretary, this role is involved with Board meetings as well as with some Board sub-committees.
Conditions of Employment
- The remuneration package for this permanent fulltime role will be discussed as we move through the process.
- Salary packaging is available.
- Membership costs such as CPA, CA or Company Directors will be covered by the College.
- Hours of work required to complete role – currently 8.00am to 5pm; and on call in emergencies.
- Work is 48 weeks a year (4 weeks annual leave) with special leave (paid) between Christmas & New Year.
- 10 days personal/carer’s leave is available.
- The initial contract period is five years. The standard 6-month probation period applies.
- Notice required is one term (10 weeks)
- Applicants will require a current Drivers Licence.
- Prior to appointment the successful applicant will possess a current, approved Working With Children Check and complete a successful National Criminal History Check.
We invite expressions of interest from people who align with the following:
- The desire and capability to fit within the ethos and values of a Catholic school setting.
- A career in finance and accounting with a minimum 5 years as a senior level finance and accounting practitioner.
- Willingness and capacity to learn and grow into the broader aspects of this diverse, multi-faceted role.
- Experience in working at strategic and operational levels while leading a team, with a hands-on style.
- Preparedness to support others, including people from non-financial backgrounds.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- CA, CPA (or equivalent) and ongoing professional formation and training.
While we will consider people from various industry sectors, experience in an educational setting, with exposure to property and capital works, will be highly regarded.
Are You Interested?
If you are interested in this role, please use the ‘Express Your Interest’ panel on this webpage; or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref number TS1521. All we require at the outset is a resume, email address and mobile telephone number. No other documentation is required from you to express your interest. All emails and resumes are acknowledged within 48 hours. Please contact us again if this does not occur.
Questions can be directed to John Chesher (0417 068 220) or by email to email@example.com
If you are NOT interested in this role but would like to be advised of future leadership positions, click here to register for our weekly email alerts.
The Selection Process
The timeline for this project is as follows:
|Date of project launch/advertising||By Friday 30th June|
|Latest date for applications||Monday 17th July|
|Selection committee short listing||During week commencing Mon 24th July|
|Anticipated date for SSC interviews||Late in week of Monday 31st July|
|Follow up meeting/discussion||Likely within 7 days of client interviews|
We have been instructed to provide a process that is transparent and welcoming.
- We are available for your confidential enquiries. We will also provide additional information to allow you to explore how the role aligns with your expectations and interests.
- Closing is 5.00pm on the date shown above. However, a late application could be accepted, providing it does not adversely impact other applications or SSC’s schedule.
- We expect to complete a work-related reference prior to shortlisting; and another work-related referee between shortlisting and interviews; with final references completed in the final stages of the process. No referee will be contacted without your express consent.
- The selection committee will provide an option of a video interview in circumstances where a person is unable to attend for a face-to-face meeting.
- Please be aware our standard practice utilises the services of an external specialist in pre-employment screening. This service includes employment history verification; National Police Check; and academic qualifications and professional memberships verification.
- All information provided to Trak Search will be made available, in confidence, to the Principal, or her nominee, unless you instruct Trak Search otherwise.
- Only people with the unrestricted right to work in Australia may apply for this role.
- Please note people are contacted and discussions commence soon after applications are received. We do not wait until the close date. There are advantages in applying immediately.
Trak Search strongly supports the principles of equal employment opportunities in the workplace. We support our clients in recruiting a diverse range of people and a diverse range of talents.
Trak Search is committed to working with client organisations in the safeguarding of children and young people. Applicants should be aware that in addition to the Working with Children and National Police History Checks required by our client, Trak Search screening processes, interview questions and reference checking will also reflect this commitment.
You are also encouraged to view our Collection Statement which provides details on the manner in which we collect and use information obtained from you during your engagement with Trak Search.