- McCarthy Catholic College, Tamworth, NSW
- Explore the benefits of a leadership role in a major regional centre
- Commencement date: January 2015
The Catholic Diocese of Armidale is led by Bishop Michael Kennedy and covers a significant portion of North Western NSW. On behalf of the Bishop of Armidale, the Catholic Schools Office provides services and support for the 24 Catholic primary and secondary schools spread across the second largest diocese by area in New South Wales.
Located in Tamworth, McCarthy Catholic College is a co-educational secondary school, from years 7 to 12, which was formed in 2000 with the amalgamation of Our Lady of the Rosary College and McCarthy Catholic Senior High School. The College has an anticipated enrolment of 940 students in February 2015.
The principal is the local educational leader who has spiritual, educational, administrative and interpersonal roles and responsibilities for McCarthy Catholic College. In the execution of these roles and responsibilities the principles of collegiality and subsidiarity should be emphasised to promote the concept of shared ministry and teamwork within the school community.
We invite expressions of interest from people able to demonstrate alignment with the following expectations:
- A practising Catholic with an ability to articulate the mission of the Church and an appreciation of and commitment to Catholic life.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in a leadership position in Catholic schools/Education Offices.
- Ability to lead teaching and learning by creating a positive culture of challenge and support, enabling effective teaching that promotes enthusiastic, independent learners, committed to lifelong learning.
- Appropriate educational academic qualifications, including possession of, or willingness to obtain, appropriate Religious Education qualifications in accordance with Diocesan Policy in order to meet the Diocesan requirements for Senior Leadership in a Catholic School.
We invite you to explore with us how a leadership role in rural NSW can provide you with personal, financial and professional rewards.
More detailed information can be accessed by clicking here and is provided to allow you to explore your interest in this role.
Further enquiries are very welcome to:
- John Chesher on 0417 068 220 ; or
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- From this page on our website.
You can express your interest in this role by:
- Clicking here to submit a resume ; or
- By emailing to email@example.com quoting reference number TS1264.
Closing Date: Monday 15th September 2014
You are also encouraged to view our Collection Statement which provides details on the manner in which we collect and use information obtained from you during your engagement with Trak Search.